Thursday, January 20, 2011

Learning from the best...

I found some interesting blogs while searching for candidates to follow... some of them more valuable than others.  Two that caught my eye instantly (and I think will be quite beneficial!) are:

Cool Cat Teacher Blog
This blog is written by a teacher in Georgia.  She has won numerous awards for her blog, which is a collection of posts ranging from teaching strategies to current news in education.  What caught my eye is that her most recent post is about teachers who can (sometimes inadvertently) become bullies in their classrooms.  She lists some very concrete strategies that teachers can use to make sure that every student feels welcome in their learning environment.  She also challenges other teachers to set a weekly goal for how to improve their learning environment.  It seems like she will have some thought provoking posts that provide me an opportunity to comment on current teaching trends/issues, as well as ideas to use in my own classroom.

and

History Is Elementary
I am loving this blog!  I graduated with a teaching degree in elementary/middle level Math and Spanish.  However, I got a job teaching middle school Social Studies!  While I never would have anticipated teaching history, geography, politics, etc... turns out I LOOOVE my teaching assignment.  Over the years, I've become more and more interested in the topics and I'm constantly seeking new knowledge for my own reference or to share with my students.  This blog shares some really interesting stories and perspectives about history.

No comments:

Post a Comment